A teenager can receive the Groeipakket for themselves if:

  • they are married
  • or they are emancipated
  • or they are over 16 and do not live with their parents or guardians
  • or they have a child themselves for whom they receive the Groeipakket.

The competent court may also rule, in the interest of the child, that all or part of the Groeipakket is to be paid into an account in the child's name.

The teenager can designate a (step)parent to receive the Groeipakket in their place. This takes effect from the first day of the month following the signing of the application. 

If there are more than 14 days between the date of signature and the date the request is received by the payment fund, this request will only take effect on the first day of the month following the date of receipt.