If your child is in a situation where it is already receiving specific help from youth assistance, we cannot pay a support allowance. This is called a suspension of payment.
These situations are the following:
- The child uses non-directly accessible youth assistance and resides in a child and family care and family support centre (CKG) recognised by Kind en Gezin.
- The child is incarcerated in a prison or admitted to an institution, a society protection unit organised by the federal government, or a forensic psychiatric centre organised by the federal government.
- The child is enrolled in a boarding school or a permanently open boarding school of a medical pedagogical institute of the Gemeenschapsonderwijs.
- The child uses:
- a personal assistance budget
- a budget for non-directly accessible care and support
- person-centred resources for minor disabled persons with urgent needs.
- The child receives a basic support budget from a care fund.
- The child is under 21 years of age and receives an income replacement allowance or an integration allowance.
- The child uses a multifunctional centre for minors with disabilities
- The child uses non-directly accessible youth care and resides in a special youth care organisation.
- The child resides in a:
- community institution, or
- unit for internees.
- The child receives support through an observation, diagnosis or treatment unit.
- The child resides in a residential disabled facility recognised in Belgium by a government other than the Flemish government.
- The child resides in a non-Belgian residential disability facility that offers similar assistance and services as a facility from the previously mentioned option.
- The child uses an ambulatory disability facility recognised in Belgium by a government other than the Flemish government.
- The child uses an ambulatory disability facility not established in Belgium.
When can the support allowance be granted anew?
If your child is no longer in one of the situations mentioned above, your payment fund will re-examine its entitlement to the support allowance. If your child meets all conditions, your payment fund will restart the payment.